Banks and financial institutions play a major role in the development and stability of society. However recent events have called their role into question, with many claiming they take excessive risks. This GLOMACS training course examines their role and that of financial markets. We also examine the financial instruments they use such as derivatives and how companies may also use them to manage or reduce risk.
This GLOMACS training course is designed to give those in the industry the skills to evaluate Credit Risk and those coming from companies in need of finance the knowledge of what banks are looking for. We also take an in-depth look at the latest financial instruments developing a detailed knowledge of Forwards, Options Futures and Swaps.
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- The Monetary Financial System – the Role of Financial Institutions and Markets
- Banking Services
- The Bank’s Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- The Provision of Credit – the Bank’s Major Role
- The Financial Crisis and the Lessons Learnt
At the end of this GLOMACS training seminar, you will learn to:
- Evaluate the role and risks of Financial Institutions as Financial Intermediaries
- Recommend or seek appropriate Banking Services
- Evaluate a Bank’s Income Statement and Balance Sheets
- Evaluate Credit Risk and make Lending Decisions
- Use financial instruments for Profit and Risk Management
Participants to this GLOMACS training seminar will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Seminar methodology includes Case Studies, Role Play and Group Discussions analysing and evaluating the key issues facing Banks and Financial Markets.
The course is highly participatory ensuring that delegates leave with new skills to benefit their personal and organizational development.
- Develop a knowledge of the appropriate Banking Services
- Evaluate Credit Risk
- Gain new skills in line with the latest international practices which will help to make more informed and hence better decisions
- Increase knowledge of the latest policies and procedures which can be shared amongst other departments of the company
- Facilitate the continuous redesign of business processes to international standards
The training course will be of personal benefit to delegates by providing you with:
- Develop professional skills of analysis and evaluation
- Increase their knowledge of the latest products, policies and procedures
- Make more informed and hence better decisions
- Increase their importance to their organization
- Be better placed to liaise effectively with other departments and colleagues regarding current practices and issues affecting the banking sector
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals responsible for making Credit Decisions
- Relationship Managers responsible for providing appropriate banking services
- Those with aspirations to become credit analysts
- Those seeking finance on behalf of their organisation
- Those with an interest in Banking and the Financial Crisis