The real estate development and finance course canvasses the full property development cycle, from the methods used by developers to originate and source deals, right through to the financing of projects by banks, and the way institutions analyze risks and returns. The course includes the opportunity to apply key financial analysis tools to property investment.
At the end of the training programme, participants will:
- Learn the key financial concepts and ratios needed to analyze investment and development proposals for real estate.
- Successfully implement valuation, investment, and development frameworks
- Develop the ability to analyze and interpret the components of financial models for real estate.
- Appreciate how property affects real estate strategy for development and investment.
- Identify how to calculate the cost of capital for real estate.
- Know the differences between real estate, corporate and project finance techniques, and applications.
- Acquire the ability to value a range of different types of properties.
- Appreciate how leases work and how they influence real estate valuation.
- Be able to integrate financial analysis with the other aspects of real estate development and investment.
- Understand taxes and fund structures for real estate.
- Analyze risks for real estate development and investment and apply them to spreadsheets and other real estate software.
Course can also be delivered online