Gender equality and empowerment is considered a critical element for development. This course is designed to prepare participants for a variety of careers where specialized knowledge is required related to the integration of gender considerations into policy making, project design and implementation, monitoring and evaluation. Gender mainstreaming is an international strategy to achieve gender equality in all aspects of society. Many governments in developing and developed countries have endeavored to implement this strategy. This course aims to provide participants with a comprehensive knowledge of gender mainstreaming and gender analysis. It draws on best practice and case studies from around the world. As well, it provides the opportunity to focus on a specific policy area (such as public health, education, economic management, or human resources) or for participants to employ this knowledge in their own workplace through an action research topic.
Other related courses
- Gender Analysis and Development Course
- Gender Analysis and Integration in Agriculture Course
- Gender Equity Achievement in Development Projects Course
By the end of the course, the participant should be able to.
- Have explored the intrinsic relationship between gender and development.
- Be able to integrate gender into contextual analysis, and to use gender analysis frameworks effectively.
- Be better equipped to integrate gender into strategic and operational planning.
- Have acquired methods of creating gender awareness within development practice.
Who should attend:
Gender advisers, development practitioners with an interest in gender mainstreaming, gender focal points
Duration: 5 days
Topics to Be Covered
Basic concepts on gender mainstreaming
- Current development context. Gender Equality in the SDGs and 2030 agenda
- Global commitments to Gender mainstreaming
- Rationales for gender mainstreaming
- What is gender mainstreaming?
- Multiple strategies for applying gender mainstreaming. Why no one size fits all solution is possible?
- Added value of gender mainstreaming
Gender integration framework and Sensitization
- Engaging men and boys
- Overcoming resistance
- Applying gender mainstreaming (individual work)
- Tools for gender mainstreaming and analysis
- Applying gender mainstreaming (small group work)
- Gender analysis and gender planning tools
- The impact of gender inequality on economic growth and sustainable development.
Communication in gender
- Sexual-based barriers to communication.
- Body language
- How to create the right image
- Dealing with media; and communication secrets of great leaders.
Gender Mainstreaming in Institutions
- Gender mainstreaming in key organizational components. Opportunities and challenges
- (Organizational culture; Human resources; Staff accountability and incentives for gender mainstreaming; financial resources and budget)
- Non-traditional institutions
Gender Mainstreaming in Public Policies
- Gender Analysis
- Design, implementation, and evaluation of public policies
- Gender responsive budgeting
- Gender responsive policy - making and budgeting.
This course will be delivered by our skilled trainers who have vast knowledge and experience as expert professionals in the fields. The course is taught in English and through a mix of theory, practical activities, group discussion and case studies. Course manuals and additional training materials will be provided to the participants upon completion of the training.
This course can also be tailor-made to meet organization requirement. For further inquiries, please contact us.
The training will be held at our Upskill Training Centre. We also offer training for a group at requested location all over the world. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, and buffet lunch.
Visa application, travel expenses, airport transfers, dinners, accommodation, insurance, and other personal expenses are catered by the participant.
Participants will be issued with Upskill certificate upon completion of this course.
Airport Pickup and Accommodation
Airport pickup and accommodation is arranged upon request. For booking contact our Training Coordinator through email.