This is a programme on how all employees sure to approach retirement shortly or in a few years time must plan how they will confront real economic issues after their employment in the organisation. The course shows that retiring from corporate employment needs not become a calamity.
It also introduces participants to post-retirement Entrepreneurship and they are taken through an orientation of “entrepreneurial personality” which, rather than be characterised by a propensity for risk taking, will, among other things, focus success on one thing – “opportunity focused.” They will learn a number of entrepreneurial logics and make them to dig deep into ideas underlying a product or service they may think of producing, prepare the ideas, get started, and keep it going with commitment.
The training will also give the participants the ways to:
- Identify their talents and personal capabilities they can utilise elsewhere
- Restructure their lives
- Implement a new financial life plan
- If desired, start and run own businesses and become successful entrepreneurs
- Invest wisely
- Where needed, get new satisfying employment.
General Work-exit Orientation
- Dimensions of Change and New beginnings - Exploring attitudes, hopes and fears
- Exploring psychological aspects to exit
- Preparedness for life after current work
- Exploring your talents and passions
- State of the economy and prospects faced post-employment
- Defining Yourself – your retirement party
- Coping with severance from corporate employment
- How long-term employees are like Migrant Birds
- Family issues – harmony or tension
- Community involvement
- Health matters – death of body organs by installments
- Political shocks and wars
- Financial Net Worth to-date
- Liquid assets
- Investment assets
- Personal “assets”
- Short-term liabilities
- Long-term liabilities.
- Choice of what to do next.
Day Two Investments Awareness
- Types of investments currently available in Nigeria
- Guidelines and advice on selecting investment types
- Pension management - Worth by Pensions
- Worth by Life Insurance
- Savings and Fixed Deposits
- Company shares build-up
- Real estates.
How You Can Run Your Own Business
- The Retiree’s Job Description as a Business Owner
- Planning a new business
- Business development process.
- How to Choose an Entrepreneurial Endeavour to Pursue
- The courage to take the leap
- A random walk through simple businesses suitable for retirees
- The disciplines for business success
- Preparation of a business plan
- Legal requirements for business.
Nurturing a Business for Profitability
- Systems and structure for a retiree’s business
- Marketing knowledge and selling skills to propagate the business
- Attention to the financial health of the business – capital and cash flow.
- A sample Business Cash Flow Projection
- A sample Profit and Loss Account.
Health and Leisure
- Ageing gracefully
- Balancing work and health
- Making alternative arrangements for Health cover
- Health guideposts
- Post-retirement stress syndromes – physiological and emotional
- Common symptoms and signs
- Medical check-ups and treatments.
- Your feeding pattern
- Nutrients the body needs
- What constitutes balanced diet in old age.
- Age-sensitive exercises
- Regularity of exercises.