In today’s complex global business environment, having a transparent view of information and a coordinated approach to the governance, management and assurance of performance, risk and compliance is critical to success. organizations that understand and apply the principles of integrated governance, risk management and compliance (GRC), in both processes and technology, have a real competitive advantage.
The objective of this course is to provide attendees with the knowledge necessary to effectively design and enhance integrated governance, risk management and compliance activities across the organization based on established governance, risk management and compliance standards from OECG.
This training course enables participants to effectively design and enhances governance, risk management and compliance activities within an organisation based on established, internationally recognized governance, risk management and compliance standards, and effectively audit the governance, risk management and compliance capability.
After attending this program, participants will:
- Understand the core concepts related to governance, risk management and compliance.
- Understand the key roles necessary to create an integrated governance, risk management and compliance capability at your organisation (e.g. audit, legal, human resources, IT, compliance, risk management, ethics, the boards, etc…).
- Learn the necessary components to help your organisation become a Principled Performer – reliably achieve objectives while addressing uncertainty and acting with integrity.
- Motivate and inspire desired conduct through the concept of Principled Performance
- How to develop and implement a governance, risk management and compliance strategic plan
- Align risk and compliance in the context of your organisation.
- Understand, define, and enhance organisational culture as it relates to performance, risk, and compliance Implement governance, risk management and compliance processes that are effective and efficient.
- Learn how to assure the governance, risk management and compliance activities by using a risk-based audit approach.
Who Should Attend
- Internal auditors
- Compliance and Governance professionals
- Risk management professionals
- GRC professionals
- Legal professionals
- IT professionals dealing with GRC.
- Managers responsible for GRC activities
- Executives and board members
Module 1: Compliance & Regulatory Environment
- An overview of the regulatory environment
- The objectives of financial services regulation
- Major trends in the global regulatory environment
- Key regulations that impact (transnational) finance institutions
- Key characteristics of the more recently announced holistic regulatory changes and the new legislature.
- International Regulation
- The role of the regulators
- What do the Regulators expect?
- Your jurisdiction environment
- The difference between a best practice and a regulatory obligation
Module 2: Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Main types of risk classes that firms face and must cope with
- Characteristics of the main risk classes
- Fundamental concepts of each of the risk classes
- Understanding a Risk-Management Approach
- The impact on the business – positively and negatively – of creating a Risk-Management Approach
- The need for Internal Controls
- Understand how to identify, mitigate, and control risks effectively.
- Approaches to risk assessment
- Effective Management of Compliance Risks
Module 3 - Dealing With Financial Crimes
- Money Laundering Laws
- Preventing fraud
- Bribery and Corruption
- Market Abuse and Insider Dealing
- The risk-based approach to money laundering/terrorist financing
- Identifying high-risk indicators, understand what to do with the information and whom to escalate it to
- Banks and Financial Institutions required to file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
Module 4 - Corporate Governance
- National International environment for corporate governance
- Shareholders and Stakeholders
- Board of director’s responsibilities
- Audit Committee
- Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Sound Corporate Governance Practices in Banking
- The Role of Public Disclosure
- Supervisors and Transparency
- Case Study: GRC
Module 5 - Governance, Risk Management and Compliance Strategic Approaches
- Overview of ‘governance’, ‘risk’ and ‘compliance’ (i.e., GRC)
- Principles and benefits associated with governance, risk and compliance.
- GRC integrated approaches and their key enablers
- Role and Responsibilities of Board and Committees.
- Selective best practices
- Building an effective, holistic governance, risk and compliance model across an organization
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Course duration is flexible, and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and A Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.