This highly engaging and practical training course will fully prepare delegates to skillfully develop and write effective Policies and Procedures. The focus will be on making these effective within their organisation by considering issues such as compliance, language, organizational values, and culture. This is such an important subject because all work activities are governed by Policies and Procedures. Hence, to perform their duties and be highly effective, all practicing professionals must develop these essential skills.
This training course fully prepares delegates to translate Policy into Action by developing the relevant Procedures. Delegates will explore techniques to ensure that Policies and Procedures are welcomed, understood, accepted, and fully implemented by all those who need to use them. The training course provides a definitive guide to creating purposeful Policies and Procedures Documents, demonstrates online resources and even provides editable Templates for future use of all delegates. Distribution of documents on modern devices such as smartphones and tablets will be explored, and publishing resources identified.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate highly effective drafting skills, which will be useful tools in all types of documents.
- Analyze the clarity of expression in all documents.
- Apply methods to highlight potential problems with existing Policies and Procedures and improve their effectiveness.
- Illustrate the impact of non-compliance and build fully compliant procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to reduce risk.
Duration: 5 Days
Who Should Attend
This training course will benefit all those who are responsible for owning, developing, writing, or implementing policies and procedures in both the public and private sector organisations and will greatly benefit:
- Policy and Procedure Owners, Developers and Authors
- All Administration and Secretarial Professionals
- Quality and Document Management Professionals
- Change and Project Managers
- All those tasked with documenting Policies and Procedures
Day One: Introduction to Policy & Procedure Writing
- Introduction to and definition of Policies and Procedures
- Why they are important.
- Hierarchy of documents and types of procedures
- The structure and typical contents of Policies and Procedures
- Writing styles and techniques
- The impact of change on Policies and Procedures
Day Two: The Governance and Roles involved in Policy.
- The role of Policies and Procedures
- Introducing Standard Operating Procedures
- Practical activities – developing Policies and Procedures
- What needs to be included?
- Who needs to be involved?
- The review process and approval
Day Three: How to Implement Policy & Procedures
- Case Studies and real examples of policies and procedures
- Considering Workflow and Automation
- Avoiding ambiguity and uncertainty
- Where employees are not fluent in English
- Developing procedures – the systematic approach
- Standards –ISO
Day Four: Drafting Policy & Procedure
- Drafting guides, online resources and templates
- Exploring Best Practice
- The use of Templates
- Effective writing including the Plain English Guide
- Publication formats, including online and modern portable technology.
- Flow diagrams and process maps
Day Five: Case Studies and Workshops
- Action plan for a new procedure
- Case Studies and drafting activities
- Considering Organisational Culture and Values
- How to ensure complete compliance
- Coordinating and communicating the changes
- Group workshop/exercises
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group work and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.