This exciting and innovative training course will introduce you to the latest and best practices in managing employee performance, behavior, and attitudes. Managing Performance is about getting the right things done in the right way by the right people. It involves directing and supporting employees in line with the organization’s vision and mission and ensuring that the organization’s strategic goals reflect the needs of the business and are understood by all.
All Managers, Leaders and Professional Staff need to understand human psychology, human behavior, and employee attitudes. Your professional career will be enhanced by attending this important 5-day training course.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the meaning of performance management.
- Describe how to manage performance decline.
- Evaluate the basics of group dynamics.
- Differentiate between talent management & succession planning.
- List the key competencies of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Formulate a business case for appropriate performance appraisal.
Duration: 5 Days
Who Should Attend
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All Leaders and Managers
- All HR and Learning and Development professionals.
- Engineers, Project Managers, Technical Leads and Financial Professionals transiting into a people management or leadership role.
- Those who are new to managing people and are looking for an insight into human behavior.
- Anyone recently promoted into a people management or leadership role.
Day One: Understanding Yourself and Others
- Exploring human psychology
- Your Johari window.
- How are attitudes formed?
- Your personality style explored.
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence (EI)
Day Two: Performance Improvement Planning (PIP)
- Introduction to performance management of people
- Understanding performance decline and the factors affecting performance
- Work performance interviewing
- Communication skills for the performance interview
- Managing good performance – behavioral reinforcement theory
Day Three: Driving Performance through Talent Management
- Talent management – explored.
- Employee resourcing: best practices
- Introducing basics of manpower planning
- Flexibility and introducing the ‘flexible firm.’
- Differentiating succession management & talent management
Day Four: Giving Feedback and Making Appraisal Work
- The principles of effective performance appraisal
- Performance management in a multi-cultural setting
- How to deal with common mistakes and minimize failure.
- How to structure an appraisal meeting - a step-by-step outline
- Giving feedback with Emotional Intelligence (EI)
Day Five: Dealing with ‘Difficult’ People
- Providing appropriate career-path planning - supporting development
- Dealing with difficult people and stakeholders
- Behaviour styles – passive, aggressive, passive-aggressive & assertive
- Handling aggression in others
- Personal Action Planning
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.