The program supports individuals in calculating and managing taxes legally as effectively and efficiently as possible. It dives into the intricacies of setting policies on what taxes to levy, in what amounts, and on whom these taxes would be applicable. Many tax administrations are introducing procedures to deliver tax compliance risk management through a framework, and this program will include studying these models to understand their benefits and areas of improvement.
This course focuses on assuring success in adopting these procedures with the support of related policies that need to be sensitive to compliance challenges and contribute to long-term growth. The course also seeks to provide tax administration officials with specialized knowledge in the pertinent aspects of the primary and tertiary functions that are involved in tax administration. It also seeks to discuss current issues that require more direct action with the taxpaying organizations and individuals, and society in general.
It takes into consideration the multi-faceted aspects of tax administration in different environments and provides a platform to share specialized knowledge in this domain. What are the most significant characteristics of the “Masterclass in Tax Administration” course? The most crucial part of this program will be in understanding the underlying contexts that are a part of tax administration policies in different countries and industries.
It also considers the potential drivers and obstacles that are a part of tax reforms, along with the factors involved in designing, developing and implementing tax policies around the world. This training course will empower you with the knowledge required to achieve strong revenue performance and management in terms of tax administration.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of tax administration principles and concepts in just a few days.
- Participate in interactive group discussions and case studies related to tax administration.
- Network with international experts in tax administration and other participants
- Improve management of core tax procedures
- Enhance performance management policies related to tax administration.
- Strengthen cooperation among tax administrators across segments and borders.
- Improve management of core tax administration procedures
- Contribute to the main outcomes of the tax administration reform agenda.
- Implement cost-effective systems based on modern concepts of self-assessment, taxpayer segmentation, and sound organisation and management.
- Ensure function-based operations using appropriate technologies, reduce compliance costs for taxpayers, and increase integrity in the tax system.
Duration: 10 Days
Who Should Attend
- Tax agents
- Tax advisors
- Legal counsel and lawyers
- Tax advisers
- General tax practitioners
- Tax practitioners in advisory firms
- Beginners in tax commercial and trade industries
- Government officials
- In-house tax directors/managers
- Tax regulation bodies
Module 1: Tax Laws and Regulations
- Classification of Taxes
- Registration Process for Tax Payments
- Obligatory Returns and their Filing Mechanisms
- Relationship Management
Module 2: State Board of Internal Revenue Service
- Federal Inland Revenue Service
- Joint Tax Board
- Technical Committees of the Boards
- Tax Appeal Tribunal
- Tax Clearance Certificates and their Administration
Module 3: Exemptions And Reliefs
- Multiple (Vexatious) Taxes
- Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion.
Module 4: Corporate Tax Issues and Computations
- Company Income Tax
- Limited liability business
Module 5: Value Added Tax and Stamp Duties
- Education Tax
- Types of Assessment
- Self-Assessment Scheme
- Provisional Assessment
- Best of Judgment Assessment
Module 6: Relevant Documents and Documentation Procedures
- Filing of Returns and the Timing
- Withholding Tax Treatments
- Penalties for Infringements.
Module 7: Tax Issues Concerning Individuals
- Taxable Persons
- Personal Income Tax
- Pay As You Earn (PAYE) tax computations.
- Direct assessment of individuals
- Capital Gain Tax
- Property and investment income tax.
Module 8: Expatriates Personal Income Tax
- Relevant Documents and Documentation Procedures
- Exemptions and Reliefs
- Penalties for Infringements
Module 9: The Role of The Tax Administrator as Advisor in The Political Sphere.
- Context of Operation
- Organisational Design
- Organisational Structure
Module 10: Macro-Processes of Management: Assistance to The Taxpayer
- Macro-processes of Management: Collection
- Macro-processes of Management: Recovery
- Macro-processes of Management: Control
- Macro-processes of Management: Determination of Taxes
Module 11: Support Processes: Strategic Management
- Support Processes: Development of Human Resources and Administration
- Support Processes: Information Management
- Other management support processes
- International goods taxes
- International services taxes
- Penalties for errors and omissions
- Refunds, repayments, and other charges
- The authority powers, appeals and assessments.
- Realities and challenges of International Tax Administrations