Quality management has evolved to become an internationally sought after and rewarding career. The quality management body of knowledge is developed to cover areas of leadership, communication, strategy, and technical skills in quality and project management among many other. This course aims to develop the skills of participants and provide them with the tools and methodologies that will enable them to shift into this rewarding career. The course will showcase the most common tools and methodologies used by quality professionals. Moreover, the course will highlight some of the leadership traits that every quality professional should develop. The course will also introduce the team development cycle that a quality team should go through. A blend of skills and applications through a practical project are the ultimate deliverables of this unique course.
The course will challenge the participants with exercises, workshops, and presentations. Role plays and group discussions will make this course a unique and fun experience for every participant. Assessments and gap analysis tools will be used throughout the course. Videos will also be shown to emphasize and clarify some learning points.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the role and impact of leadership to support quality management systems.
- Describe the importance of quality in organizations and review various quality schools and teachings by quality gurus.
- Assess team dynamics and the role of teams to support continual improvement projects.
- Compare the most used quality philosophies and tools and use the most appropriate ones to establish priorities within their organization.
- Appraise the ethical commitment needed by quality professionals.
Individuals, leaders, supervisors, and all those who are engaged in quality management implementation and improvement of organizational performance.
- Quality management
- Quality control and assurance
- Applying quality tools
- Team management
- Understanding ethics
- Using quality methodologies
- Leadership and management in quality
- Definition, similarities, and differences
- Can leadership be taught and developed?
- Traits of a true quality leader
- Role of leadership in supporting quality management systems
- Situational leadership in quality
- Quality basics and definitions
- Definition and concept of quality
- History of quality
- Benefits of implementing a quality model
- Quality management systems
- Total quality management
- Cost of poor quality
- The seven quality secrets
- Examples of national quality awards
- Dubai quality award
- Malcolm Baldrige national quality award
- Review of quality gurus
- Deming’s fourteen points
- Juran’s quality trilogy
- Crosby’s zero-defect mindset
- House of quality and Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
- Six Sigma methodology
- Lean principles, 5S and Poka Yoke
- Building teams in a quality management system
- Why team thinking is important in quality management projects.
- Barriers to team achievements
- Characteristics of effective teams
- Team development cycle
- Team members selection tools
- Improvement tools and techniques
- Which tool to use
- The seven classic quality tools
- Check sheet.
- Pareto chart
- Cause and effect diagram
- Scatter diagram
- Control charts
- Flow charts
- Process mapping and process management
- Management elements and planning tools
- Process auditing “Turtle Diagram”
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Ethics in quality management
- American Society for Quality code of ethics