Governance, Risk Management and Controls are essential for survival of any organization. This course will enable you to:
- Understand corporate governance and the way this is derived from agency theory
- Appreciate the concept of business risk management and internal control
- Acquire knowledge of the audit role within the context of governance, risk and controls
Topics covered on this course will include:
Internal Audit Strategy
This area tackles some of the issues facing audit management as they set and implement an audit strategy, particularly relating to audit planning. Your course will enable you to:
- Understand the professional guidance from the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Appreciate the way assurance and consulting work can be delivered by the auditor
- Acquire knowledge of the way audit strategy can support the audit role
Risk Based Auditing
Risk Based Auditing provides a learning session, including an illustration that gives an introduction to this important aspect of professional audit assurance and review work. Your course will enable you to:
- Understand the risk-based audit process and how this can be used to drive audit work
- Appreciate the way risk registers can be used to focus audit efforts to improve and review risk management and controls
- Practice risk-based auditing through engaging with a relevant case study
Being able to engage with people is an important interpersonal skill. This learning session covers audit Interviews since the best way to find something out, is to simply ask. This course will enable you to:
- Understand the basics of audit interviewing
- Be able to prepare and conduct professional interviews
- Appreciate the way body language may affect the quality of an interview
Audit Investigations contains a session which delivers an investigations’ template for reviewing sensitive issues as part of the audit consulting role. This course will enable you to:
- Understand the importance of internal investigations
- Appreciate the need to apply a structured approach
- Be able to conduct a professional investigation
This area covers fraud awareness. You may want to work through this session if you have not had an opportunity to undertake any fraud awareness seminars at work. This course will enable you to:
- Obtain an awareness of fraud and the risk this represents
- Be alert to the indicators of fraud
- Understand the basics of Fraud Risk Management to help you fight fraud at work
Reporting Results and Writing Non-conformances
- Discuss the contents of the internal audit report and how to write a nonconformance.
Internal Auditor Training Case Studies
Share your company's own case studies during the Internal Auditing Course to guide discussion, understanding and conducting process audits.
Conduct Case Study I
- Share your company's own case studies during the Internal Auditing Course to guide discussion, understanding and conducting process audits.
Prepare and Conduct Case Study II
- Receive the second case study and prepare audit checklists and auditee materials.
Prepare and Conduct Case Study III
- Receive the third case study and prepare audit checklists and auditee materials.
Conduct an Internal Audit
- During the Internal Auditing Course, you will apply what you have learned and conduct a mock internal audit.
- Review any auditor questions, audit trails and notes.
Who should Attend?
The Internal Audit Training covers a great deal of basic material. It will be useful for:
- Less experienced internal auditors
- Trainee auditors as part of the orientation process
- Newly appointed audit staff and those considering a move to internal audit
- Business and accountancy students who want to know about internal auditing
- Audit staff who have not yet undertaken the Institute of Internal auditor’s professional qualifications
- Managers and other employees who are interested in Governance, Risk, Internal Controls and Compliance as part of their role at work