The role of the secretary is rapidly changing, and he/she is taking on more of the work of the manager. He/she needs to develop secretarial skills into managerial talents in order to enable his/ her superior to delegate work with assurance.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- To identify present, individual strengths and weaknesses in the performance of executive secretarial duties.
- To identify the elements of good office design and environmental features to facilitate work flow and good communications.
- To be aware of health, safety and security at work.
- To identify cultural differences and diversity in the workplace.
- To analyses the personal attributes and requirements of the executive secretary.
- To identify the basic management concepts of goal identification, setting priorities, implementation and evaluating effectiveness.
- To learn the techniques of effective time management
- To organize, prioritize and store paper documents
- To use technology in the office to the best advantage
- To learn the techniques of effective delegating, motivating and assessing the effectiveness of human resources available to the executive secretary.
- To be aware of the communication process in business.
- To use the appropriate communication medium
- To be aware of the causes of communication breakdown.
- To practice effective listening techniques
- To write effective meetings documents
- To identify the procedures for planning and preparing a successful presentation
- To be aware of the use of visual aids and technology in presenting information.
- To consider the importance of business ethics
- To relate business ethics to day to day ethical dilemmas in the office.
- To be aware of the importance of motivation at work
- To be aware of the function of groups and teams
- To be aware of the dynamics of groups and the way in which they interact
Who Should Attend?
Experienced executive secretaries and administrators and those working in the office environment with responsibility for the efficient administration and coordination of the physical, secretarial and human resources of a department
||Sep 20 - 22 Sep, 2022
|Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria
||08 - 10 Nov, 2022
|NGN 145,000.00||(The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
|USD 500.00||(The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee and Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
Dr Chris Egbu +2348023194131
Organizations sponsoring two staff will get 10% discount, Three - Five will get 15% discount, Six - Ten will get 20% discount and Payment before two weeks to event date attracts 5% discount. You can also consider the option of having this training in-house or online at 40% discount and 5 free e-books