Embracing global best practices in public sector accounting and auditing is critical to achieving improvement in the country’s financial system. Public sector establishments are required to be compliant with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and International Auditing Standards to minimize bureaucracy and its attendant mismanagement.
This workshop is designed to equip and update participants with relevant knowledge and skills in Public Sector Accounting and Auditing.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss global practices in public sector accounting and auditing;
- Identify the problems with public sector financial management
- Generate financial information for quality managerial decisions;
- Use the public sector budget as an instrument for directing and achieving appropriate goals; and
- Use computer-based accounting and financial information systems.
- Determining audit universe in context of regulatory, governance and operating environments
- Discuss framework for audit planning (assets, liabilities, revenue and expenses)
- Overview of Public Sector Accounting
- The Basis of Accounting in the Public Sector
- Presentation of Financial Statement (IPSAS 1)
- Disclosure of Financial Information about the General Government Sector (IPSAS 22)
- Budgeting and Budgetary Control in the Public Sector
- Presentation of Budget Information in Financial Statement (IPSAS 24)
- Fraud and its Preventive Measures
- Public Sector Audits
- Procurement Audits
- Revenue Audits
- Expenses and Claims
- Development Expenditure
- Fixed Assets
- Surprise Checks
- IT Audits
This programme is intended for Public Sector Accountants, Internal Auditors, Governance and Risk professionals, Accounting/Finance professionals working in public sector entities. Public Sector officers who are involved in managing public funds, improving public sector governance and/or strengthening internal controls will find this programme useful.
Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
||Feb 16 - 18 Feb, 2021
|Abuja, State, Nigeria
||08 - 10 Jun, 2020
|Lagos, State, Nigeria
||21 - 23 Sep, 2021
|Abuja, State, Nigeria
||07 - 09 Dec, 2021
|NGN 145,000.00||(The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
Dr Chris Egbu +2348023194131
Organisation sponsoring more than two staff will get 10% discount and Payment before two weeks to event date attracts 5% discount
Centre for Productivity - CeProd