Lean process improvement training is systems of steps that help organisations reduce waste by focusing on customer value. By identifying how customer value flows across every aspect of the organisation, management and teams can then fine-tune and implement processes that create zero waste.
This training course will enable teams with the right tools to implement lean principles of process improvement into the very core of their culture, reducing waste and improving product and service value to the customer. This two-day Lean Process Improvement training course will give your organisation the foundational tools it requires to implement Lean.
This Lean process improvement training course will enable an entire organisation to holistically apply lean thinking across every aspect of their value stream. From the worker to the CEO, the constant re-evaluation of the value stream across each product and service family will challenge old thinking and create a new culture of lean thinking. Once the value of a product or service is identified, then unnecessary waste can be removed with continual process improvement.
Lean is not just limited to manufacturing and production, but also can equally be applied to service-oriented industries like healthcare, government, education and agribusiness.
Course objectives and learning outcome
After this course, participants will be able to:
- Define Lean and its key terms
- Describe the five critical improvement concepts
- Use the various model to understand, describe, analyse, and improve value
- Identify and reduce various types of waste
- Create a plan for a more environmentally Lean organization
- Describe the key elements of Kaizen events, particularly a Kaizen blitz
- Gather, analyse, and interpret data
- Go back to their organization with a plan to begin incorporating Lean into their corporate culture
- Continuous improvement specialists, Lean facilitators, industrial engineers, quality managers
- CEOs, Managers, supervisors, team leaders
- Anyone with interest in Lean process improvement and how to do it.
- Lectures 70%
- Group Activities and Round Table Discussion 10%
- Case Studies 20%
- Lean Basics
- History of Lean
- Lean Principles
Waste Elimination: Value Added Analysis
- Overview of Lean Manufacturing
- What is Lean Manufacturing?
- Why is Lean Manufacturing Important?
- Key elements to a successful implementation of Lean Manufacturing Transformation Program
- Lean Manufacturing – Picture of Success
- Quick Changeover
- Management Infrastructure Performance
- Mindset and Behaviour
Structured Problem Solving
- Objectives and Principles
- Solution Tailoring and Embedding
- Overview of Rollout approach for lean manufacturing solution
- Solution sustainability
- Certification Tools
- Map the Value Stream
- Process Modelling
- Lean Life Cycle Methods
Description of Overall Process for Implementation
- General overview
- Approach for implementation of Lean manufacturing solutions
- Resources Allocation
- Certification Process
- How to implement
- How to sustain the solution
Critical Improvement Concepts