Wireline and LWD Log Quality Control and Its Impact on Well Log Interpretations
United States of America (USA)
08 - 12 May, 2023 5 days
|Amsterdam, Netherlands||07 - 11 Aug, 2023||USD5950|
|London, United Kingdom||16 - 20 Oct, 2023||USD5950|
The certification of acquired data is a very critical aspect of wireline and LWD logging and is performed through the observation of key quality indicators. The main objective of this course is to make you aware of these quality indicators as well as the different techniques to solve commonly found issues at the wellsite. You will realize by the end of the course how important is a good quality control to guarantee an accurate well-log interpretation.
The course will explore the tools response explained from their physical principles as well as their relationship with the rock and fluid properties, most common open hole logging technologies will be covered explaining their main applications and limitations. Basic petrophysical interpretation will be discussed with numerous examples and exercises in order to complement your knowledge to be able to perform a proper log QA/QC analysis.
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The sessions will include visual, auditory and kinesthetic elements to cover the three different learning modalities. The daily sessions will be highly interactive and participative. This involves regular discussion of applications as well as hands-on exercises that will be solved manually and/or using Microsoft Excel.
Who Should Attend?
Geologists, Geophysicists, Petrophysicist, Petroleum, Reservoir and Drilling Engineers
and in general, any other oil and gas industry professional involved in logging data processing, QA/QC and/or validation.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the physical principles of main wireline and LWD logging tools
- Apply quality control techniques to validate logging data
- Know the main applications and limitations of the different tool readings
- Perform a complete log quality control in a set of logs
- Perform a basic log interpretation
Key Course Highlights
- Explanation of petrophysical concepts and techniques
- Discussions on tools physical principles, applications and QA/QC
- Tool limitations on different borehole environments
- Metrology concepts and applications on wireline and LWD logs
- Multiple log quality control and petrophysical interpretation exercise
|Miami||May 08 - 12 May, 2023|
|Amsterdam, Netherlands||07 - 11 Aug, 2023|
|London, United Kingdom||16 - 20 Oct, 2023|
|USD 5,950.00||(5 Days)|
|USD 10,950.00||(10 Days)|
Murphy Unuakhe 07056761232
5 days, 11 - 15 Dec, 2023
5 days, 05 - 09 Jun, 2023
5 days, 21 - 25 Aug, 2023
5 days, 01 - 05 May, 2023