CommCare is an open-source cloud-based, mobile, and web platform for non-programmers that lets you make apps that you can deploy on Android devices, in the cloud and other cell phone devices. Data collection is a vital part of any developmental work.
In the previous years, data collection used to be done on paper and pen which was prone to a lot of errors and difficult to conduct on a large scale. However, the current ICT tools now allow us to create surveys, collect, manage, and upload data to storage facilities in real time. Training on mobile data collection and data management using CommCare will equip the participants with skills to author, field, and manage data collection using CommCare.
Training on mobile data collection and data management using CommCare is recommended for organizational staffs who are conducting field data collection activities.
Online 7 Days
Classroom-based 5 Days
What you will learn
By the end of this training, the participants will learn to:
- Convert paper forms/questionnaires into digital forms that can be used for mobile data collection and case management.
- Build basic mobile application, install and use on phone.
- View, manage and export Data within CommCare
- Mapping and visualization of CommCare data
Module I: Introduction to CommCare and Benefits
- Introduction and Key Concepts
- Setting up your CommcareHQ
- Navigating through ComCareHQ
- Case study
- Best practices
Module II: Building a basic application.
- System design
- Setting Up Your Project Space
- Building your application
- Designing forms using the form builder
- Adding form logic
- Creating a follow up form
Module III: Refining Your Application for Case Management
- Setting up cases
- Loading case data
- Update EDD
- Testing your application
- Closing cases
Module IV: Publishing and Installing Your Application & More
- Managing Mobile Workers and Web Users
- Managing Captured Data
- Installing an Application on Android
- Setting Up Multimedia in the Application
- Common Logic and Calculations Additional
- Information on Managing Cases
- Presentation and review of participants course projects with the instructors.
- Action plan
This Training on mobile data collection and data management using CommCare is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon completing this training on mobile data collection and data management using CommCare, participants will be issued a certificate.
We can also do this as a tailor-made course to meet organization-wide training needs. A training needs assessment will be done on the training participants to collect data on the existing skills, knowledge gaps, training expectations and tailor-made needs.