Purchasing is one of the most important functions for successful organisations, whether it is selecting and applying the appropriate methodologies to ensure value for money or monitoring high quality delivery by suppliers which requires collaboration across all functions and a strong contractual underpinning of the supplier relationship. To ensure that this occurs requires a complete understanding of the needs of the organisation, and the capabilities in the supply market.
By the end of the course the participant should be able to:
- Be more effective in managing purchasing.
- Develop appropriate strategies for delivering value.
- Use appropriate methodologies for managing suppliers.
- Be able to use tendering, negotiation, and other techniques.
- Enhance value obtained from suppliers.
- How to measure and improve the performance of the Purchasing function
Duration 5 Days
Who Should Attend
This intensive 5-day purchasing and resourcing (procurement) management training course is suitable for personnel who work across the business including from:
- Tenders and Contracts
Principles of Good Procurement within the Supply Chain
- Understanding the Supply Chain
- Requirements and Specifications
- Spend mapping.
- Supply Segmentation
- Price, cost, and value
Principles of Good Management
- Strategy, vision
- Objectives of Purchasing management
- Organisational structure
Sourcing and Supplier management
Appropriate sourcing techniques
Open, Restricted, negotiated, competitive dialogue.
PQQ – pre-qualification questionnaires
- Electronic procurement
Assessing and allocating risk
- Identifying Risk
- Mitigating Risk
- Approved supplier lists and blacklists
Risks and Opportunities in the Supply Market
- Supplier Management and Development
Partnerships and alliances
Local supplier development
Corporate Social Responsibility
Ethical and Environmentally responsible sourcing
Appropriate opportunities for partnering and alliances
Structure of partnerships
Duration and end of partnership arrangements
- Managing non-critical suppliers
- Managing Service Suppliers
Service Level Agreements
- Supplier non-conformance and corrective actions
Measuring Performance and Leading Change
Key Performance Measures
Ensuring Cross functional collaboration
Promoting Purchasing to the organisation
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.