Negotiation and Decision making are two processes considered to be very important practices that must be effectively presented in organizations. The matter turns to be more urgent for an organization targeting to be agile and have competitive advantage to create a culture of high competency among the employees to be able to communicate assertively with each other, to negotiate internally and externally in an effective way and to be able to take decisions smoothly.
The participants will realize the different types of commination through the commination matrix to be aware that the assertive type of commination is the most effective one to avoid the negative type of business conflicts. In this way, the employees will be able to negotiate with internal and external business entities in different issues to get a win/win situation. Realizing the difference between the concepts of negotiation and bargaining is very important in business today.
By learning negotiation skills your objective is to evolve into a better business player. Especially with conflict resolution, one of the most vital areas where negotiation skills offer you a considerable advantage in learning to resolve conflicts, problem solving, communication and persuasion. The participants will learn how to deal with conflict situations, set clear expectations, and how to manage themselves difficult situations by increasing their emotional intelligence and realization of the importance of workplace diversity. They will understand the nature of conflict and understand when conflict is positive or negative. They will learn five strategies for dealing with conflict, the skills necessary to resolve it, and the steps needed to reach a mutual understanding.
The ability to understand and develop employee’s decision-making skills is an important factor in today’s workplace. This training course provides the steps of dealing with problems and to practise root cause analysis by presenting a tool called fishbone model. Besides, this training course will enable the participants to differentiate between the different types of decision and realize their own style of decision making using a reliable assessment. One of the most dangerous obstacles that hinders taking the right decision is Group Think. During the training, the participant will realize the symptoms of group think and techniques used to avoid it.
The Objective of the training is to increase the trainees' knowledge, improve their skills and handle positively their communication, negotiation and decision making. The Slogan (assertive communicator, talented negotiator, and effective decision maker) is the backbone of this training course. By the end of the course participant will be able to:
- Realize Communication cycle and the difference between verbal and no verbal communication.
- Be aware of the 5 Cs of effective messages.
- Become familiar with Oral communications and body language.
- Practice the active listening.
- Differentiate between assertive, passive, and aggressive communication styles.
- Practice assertive communication as the first step to be a qualified negotiator.
- Recognize what is meant by effective negotiation and difference between negation and bargaining.
- Understand the characteristics of negotiation skills.
- Be able to handle business conflicts.
- Be aware of what is meant of business conflict as a part of any work environment.
- Understand the differences between positive and negative conflict.
- Realize the importance of conflict management.
- Comprehend the meaning of emotional intelligence.
- Be familiar with the five 5 conflict management styles.
- recognize the difference between the problem and its symptoms.
- Practice the steps to analyze and solve problem.
- Realize the importance of root cause analysis.
- Practice fishbone model to analyze the root cause of business issues.
- Understand the different types of decision making.
- Be aware of the importance of taking right decision.
- Realize his own style of decision making.
- Understand what is meant by Group thing and be familiar with-it symptoms.
Duration: 5 Days
Who Should Attend:
- Business professionals
- Managers and team leaders
- Sales and marketing professionals
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Procurement and contract managers
- Anyone seeking to improve negotiation and decision-making skills.
- What is meant by communication and Communication Model?
- The 5 Cs of effective message
- Communication Barriers
- Active listening and its impacts on the effective communication
- Communication style Matrix
- Assertive Communication
- passive Communication
- aggressive Communication
- passive aggressive Communication
- The 3 Cs of assertive communication
- The outcome of being assertive to avoid negative business conflicts and be an effective negotiator.
- What is negotiation in business.
- The difference between negotiation and bargaining
- The characteristics of successful business negotiator
- How to manage the negotiation process to get win-win situation?
- The impact of effective negotiations in change process
- Role-play activities to practice the negotiation process.
- What is meant by conflict management and how to negotiate during the conflict?
- Cognitive conflicts characteristics
- emotional conflicts characteristics
- Cognitive conflicts vs. emotional conflicts
- Constructive responses
- Destructive responses
- The importance of constructive responses
- Why avoiding Destructive Responses?
- Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
- Collaborating style
- Competing style
- Avoiding style
- Accommodating style
- Compromising style
- Negotiating and choosing the right styles for each situation.
- What is managerial decision making?
- analytical model of the decision-making process
- Programmed and Non-Programmed Decisions
- Certain and Uncertain Decisions
- Personal differences in decision making (assessment)
- Rational and intuitive way of thinking
- Directive, analytical, conceptual, and behavioral styles of decision making.
- Group think and its bad effective in decision making in teams.
- How to avoid group thinking?
- Decision making and problem solving.
- The difference between the problem and its symptoms
- Scientific steps to solve problems.
- Root cause analysis and its importance
- Fishbone technique as a proactive and reactive technique to deal with different business issues and enhancing decision making.
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.