Centre for Financial Studies, a subsidiary of Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria in collaboration with Access Bank is set to hold a one-day seminar on Promoting Gender Economic Inclusion in the Nigerian Financial Services Industry on Tuesday September 9, 2014 at the Canton Concourse Training Centre 12, Landbridge Avenue, Oniru Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos.
The seminar is aimed at enabling women in the financial services industry to fully access personal / collective power, authority and influence, and to employ that strength when engaging with their male counterparts in the various banks. It will also encourage the women to release and optimize the power they already have, and engage the wealth of their knowledge and motivation to do their jobs magnificently.
According to the organizers,participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the concept, principles and approaches for effective personal empowerment.
- Have a new can-do mindset that does not see limits and impossibilities in career and life.
- Understand the role of organizational politics and how to handle it effectively.
- Appreciate the role of personal development in empowerment.
- Be energized to rise to the very top of the Financial Services Industry regardless of the hurdles / challenges.
- Understand the male specie better and how to manage them effectively in the workplace.
Delegates will receive:
- A copy of the printed seminar materials.
- An electronic (pdf) copy of the seminar materials
- Details of websites on Women’s Economic Empowerment
All women and men in the Nigerian Financial Services Industry and beyond, who are interested in understanding the concept and principles of Women Economic Empowerment and who desire to implement it in their organizations will be expected at the event. The seminar will be delivered through lectures and interactive discussions.