Are you new to business finance? Do you have responsibility for raising finance in your organisation and need an overview of the key issues? Have you studied business finance previously in an exam context and now need a refresher? This one day course covers the sources of finance available to businesses, including the capital markets, together with the issues involved in deciding an appropriate mix of equity and debt. The importance of working capital management to business will be considered. Examples and case studies will be used throughout to illustrate the techniques taught.
Who should attend?
This course will be of benefit to the following set of people:
- Account officers
- Finance managers
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Explain the goals and functions of financial management.
- Prepare and present Cash Flow statements.
- Analyze financial statements and describe the economic health of a company.
- Explain the benefits of financial forecasting and prepare proforma financial statements.
- Calculate and explain operating and financial leverage.
- Decide the form and amount of short term financing that best suits a given corporate need, based on historical and projected analysis.
- Recommend techniques for managing working capital effectively.
- Goals and function of Financial Management
- Review of Company’s Financial Performance
- Safety of Investment and Security of Fund.
- Return/Capital Appreciation of investment
- Matching investment/ fund maturities with emerging obligations.
- Diversification of investment portfolio.
- Valuation of investments.
- Cash Flow Statements
- Financial and Investment Analysis
- Financial Forecasting
- Operating and Financial Leverage
- Working Capital and the Financing Decision
- Current Asset Management
- Sources of Short-Term Financing
||Jul 10 - 12 Jul, 2018
Organisations sponsoring above two staff will get 10% discount