The workshop will highlight current trends and practices in corporate in internal auditing. Issues to be discussed include:
- The wider scope of roles and responsibilities of a modern internal auditor.
- Audit planning methods
- Systems documentation review and upgrading
- How to write an effective audit report
- How the internal auditor should relate to managers in other departments as well as the external auditors
- Computer auditing techniques
- Financial Investigations
- The vexed issue of Corporate fraud: Types, Causes, Detection and Management
- The internal auditor as the watchdog of management and the issue of independence of the internal auditor.
- Challenges of the future.
- Widened scope of duties and responsibilities of today’s internal auditor
- Relationship of the internal audit department and other department and other department and other departments
- Relationship between internal auditors and externals auditors
- Peculiarities of public sector auditing: public accounts committee, the alarm system, the auditor general’s role etc.
- The audit committee and the intern auditor.
- Internal audit as a cost tool
- Independence of the internal auditor.
For Whom: Internal Auditors, Inspectors, Accountants and Other Managers/Officials involved in making and execution of corporate decisions in both the public and private Sectors including Banks, Oil Companies, Insurance Companies, Manufacturing Companies, Service Companies, Trading Organizations, Government Ministries, Parastatals, Agencies, Commissions, Local Governments, etc.
|Alexis Hotels and Conference Centre, 693, obafemi awolowo way, jabi-abuja.
||Oct 03 - 06 Oct, 2022
Dr. Francis Okereke 08035062583
Dr. Francis Okereke Ph.D,FCA,FCIB will lead other well seasoned facilitators in this all important seminar.