This essential training course in Dubai is designed to present the basics of project management with a focus on understanding project management terms, project selection, planning, estimating, scheduling, and earned value management. If you are new to projects or been assigned to projects and need to understand how to manage the project, this is the training course for you. This training course will also cover the highlights of quality, risk and procurement. You will leave this training course with a full understanding of what project management is and how to manage a successful project.
This training course will feature:
- Review and understanding of common project management practices.
- Hands on experience with the project charter, scope statement, and earned value management.
- Appraisal of projects using project selection techniques, project chartering and gathering requirements
- Understand project management tools and procedures that can be implemented to improve or establish formal project management methodologies
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of project management - the ability to initiate, plan and execute basic controls for a project
- Understand the techniques of project planning and how to deliver one
- Understand how to define project success using key performance indicators and quality metrics
- Identifying risks and understanding the advantages of various types of contracts
- Understand how to control, manage and close a project to your customers satisfaction
Designed For Who
Those who are actually or potentially involved in projects
- Business professionals who currently work on projects or are occasionally assigned to work as project team members in any business work areas.
- Those who directly contribute to projects. It is ideal for candidates who are intending to start managing projects soon, need to learn project management skills quickly, or need to know how to effectively select and manage projects.
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The course is highly interactive and is designed with briefings and a central project scenario as the driver for all course learning. Students will complete several elements of project work through assigned roles. Several work products will be created including a Scope statement, WBS, Risk Register, activity list, network diagram and earned value report. There will be open discussion and real world examples with the emphasis on learning by doing.
Project Management Basics, History, Benefits and Components
- Understanding what project management is
- Defining project and product life cycles
- Understanding Best Practice Project Management
- How to Initiate a Project: - How to do it
- Managing the project selection process
- Writing SMART objectives and business cases
Practical Exercise: Creating SMART objectives
Project Exercise: Project Selection exercises
Project Planning, Charters, Work Breakdown Structures and Scope Statements
- Developing the project documentation for senior management sign-offs,
- Defining the project management
- Understand how to collect requirements
- Defining the full project scope
- Creating and analysing the project with Work Breakdown Structures