This course will provide professionals with the knowledge of biostratigraphy and sequence stratigraphy including the major fossil groups used in geological operations, processing techniques of the samples, markers identification, use of biostratigraphy charts and their application in the geological interpretation of drilling sections. Participants will also be able to optimize its use at the exploration and oil production operations.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for Geologists, Geophysicists, Petroleum Engineers, Drilling Engineers and other professionals working in exploration and production operations.
At the end of the programme participants will have a greater understanding of and have developed the following key attributes:
- Identify the pitfalls in the use of biostratigraphical data and therefore optimize it’s use in sediments of different ages and in different palaeoenvironments
- Practice working knowledge of different biostratigraphical techniques
- Plan the biostratigraphical analyses and programmes for best results at a minimum cost
- Use the integrated biostratigraphical data to build a high-resolution sequence stratigraphy
- Learn which microfossil groups to use for which age of sediments and how they are used as paleoenvironmental indicators
- Understand the stratigraphical type sections and the relation between biostratigraphy and chronostratigraphy
- Integrate biostratigraphical data and seismic sequence stratigraphy
Key Course Highlights
- Exploration Techniques
- Biostratigraphical data