Value chains encompass the full range of activities and services required to bring a product or service from conception to sale in its final markets either local, national, regional, or global. Value chains include input suppliers, producers, processors, and buyers, as well as the support services and enabling environments that form a dynamic market system.
This training on agriculture value chain management and market linkages course is aimed at equipping the participants with principles and practices of the value chain and market linkages management.
This training on agriculture value chain management and market Linkages targets participants working in agriculture research, value chain and market development projects managers, government institutions, NGO staff, and agribusinesses.
What you will learn
By the end of this training the participants will be able to understand about:
- The market systems
- Value chain cycle
- Value chain financing
- Designing and implementing value chain project
- M&E of Value Chain Project
- Risk management in value chain
Online 7 Days
Classroom-based 5 Days
Introduction to Agriculture Value Chain
- Definition of value chain
- Key concepts in value chain
- Value chain cycle
Value Chain Analysis
- Introduction to value chain development
- Key concepts in value chain analysis
- Value chain analysis process
- Mapping a value chain
- Tools and techniques in value chain analysis
- Case study: Value chain analysis
Market Analysis and Development
- Introduction to market analysis
- Supply, demand, and price setting
- Standards and certification
- Analyzing competition
- Introduction to market linkages
- Types of market linkages
- Factors affecting success of linkages.
- Enabling environment in market linkages
Value Chain Governance
- Introduction to value chain governance
- Importance of value chain governance
- Types of value chain governance
- Analyzing value chain governance
Value Chain Financing
- Introduction to Value Chain Financing
- Type of Value Chain Finance
- Instruments to promote agricultural value chain finance.
Agriculture Value Chain Project Design
- Formulation of the project goal statement
- Project causal pathway design
- Development of a logical framework
Monitoring and Evaluation of VC Development Projects
- Selection of Key Indicators
- Development of Performance Measurement Framework
- Evaluation of VC and Market Linkages Projects
- Impact Assessment of VC and Market Linkages Projects
Gender Mainstreaming in Agriculture Value Chain
- Gender Analysis in Value Chains
- Integrating Gender Issues into Agricultural Value Chain Process
- Constraints in Gender Integration in Value Chains
This training on agriculture value chain management and market linkages is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in value chain management. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued a certificate.
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide training needs. A training needs assessment will be done on the training participants to collect data on the existing skills, knowledge gaps, training expectations and tailor-made needs.